A friend at all times
Text: Proverbs 17:17: “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
In the increasingly individualistic and materialistic world in which we live, we are always tempted by selfish desire and forgetting the needs of others. We are surrounded by values that rely more on “me” and “myself” instead of emphasizing loving others. This leads us to stop perceiving other people as valuable and worthy of our love, our friendship, and care. Unfortunately, we adopt this position of isolation and indifference even in our relationship with family and friends.
If we don’t have reliable friends by our side, that may be a sign that we are not the friends we should be either. There are many people around us waiting to be able to count on us. Jesus Christ, who is our best friend, also teaches us to love and be good friends with those who are close. If you feel that you do not have a friend to accompany you at all times, be that friend for the one who needs it. How precious it is to give (and also receive) the support and love of a true friend!
Be a friend at all times:
- Be a best friend to your friends, and seek to be close to them at all times as a brother.
- Enjoy joyful moments of communion, but do not walk away when they need you most.
- Give what you expect to receive. If you want to have sincere friends, take the initiative, be a true friend.
- Friends can disappoint us because, like us, they are human and commit mistakes. No matter what happens, it is worth opening our hearts to love, forgive, and remain united.
- If you think you don’t have friends, start with those in your house. Love, take care, and be friends with your relatives.
- Pray for your friends. Pray with them. Take care of those God has placed in your life.
- Share, read, and study the Word of God with the friends he adds and puts by your side.
- Always count on the best friend: Jesus Christ!
Read also: Come back to first love
Lord my God, you are the best friend we can have in this life: always present, always faithful. With you, I learn to be a best friend by loving and serving my neighbor just as you love me and take care of me. Help me to be a good friend to those around me. Teach me to care, to be interested, and to love all those who approach me, mainly in their most difficult moments. Thank you for adding special people to my life: family, friends, and brethren that make the road more complete and happy. Amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 46 – Leviticus 8-10
Be a part of our yearly short term missions. Find more information here