Text: Genesis 15: 5-6: Then the Lord took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars, to see if you can.” That’s how numerous your offspring will be!
Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord recognized him as righteousness.
Who can Count the stars of heaven?
Abram was already very old, and Sarah, his wife, in addition to being old, was sterile. God called them, and by faith, they left their relatives to go to an unknown land that the Lord had promised them. It all seemed highly unlikely, but they believed in the word of the Lord. God, being rich in mercy, had far greater plans for that family. To this day, all Christians on earth are blessed through a descendant of Abram: Jesus Christ!
God invited Abram to look at heaven. It is impossible to count all the stars. It is also impossible for God to fail to fulfill his promises and purposes. He is above all the stars and knows them all. He also knows your heart and your dreams. Remember that above all, things that seem enormous are the sovereign Lord God. He is in control of everything!
Read this: Confidence that doesn’t fail
Believe and live by faith, like Abram:
- Believe in the Lord with all your heart. That was what distinguished Abraham and God’s people throughout history.
- Look to heaven. Don’t set your eyes on the difficulties of this world. Help comes from the Lord.
- Trust the word of God even if the circumstances say otherwise. Look to him for help that will motivate you.
- Faith leads us to love and obedience. Express your love and submission to God by seeking His guidance in the Holy Bible.
- Pray and deliver your dreams into the hands of God.
READ ALSO: KNOWING G0D PERSONALLY
Eternal God, You are the same yesterday, today, and You will be eternal. You are over the whole universe, and You have a good plan and a purpose superior to our current understanding. I give You all my dreams and plans. Help me through the difficulties I am facing with faith and confidence. Thank You for Jesus Christ through whom I am more than a conqueror. Amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 102 – 1 Samuel 15-17