God is in control of everything
Text: Mark 4: 39-41: He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
This passage tells a rather exciting episode of the Gospel. It was the story of Jesus with His disciples on the boat crossing the Sea of Galilee and headed to the other side of the beach. It is quite likely that Jesus was tired because He curled up with a pillow and slept right there on the boat. Suddenly, a great storm began with strong winds and enormous waves that threatened to flood the ship they were in, as well as the other ships that followed.
The disciples were desperate! Although they are vast in ship control management strategies, that situation surpassed them. They feared the worst would happen. Amid the affliction, they may have thought: “How is it possible that He can sleep amid this great storm?” Well, it’s simple: God is control of everything, even what caused fear to His friends. They cried out to the Master to calm the storm and He did it.
Are you troubled over what you are passing through right now? God is control of everything
Trust the sovereign control of Jesus
- Believe that Jesus is almighty. Its power surpasses the force of nature and all the powers of this world.
- Give control of your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can take care of you and give you eternal security. Read here: You must be born again.
- Do not be afraid of the adverse circumstances that arise if Jesus is in control of your life.
- Seek Jesus when you are in the midst of life’s storms. Trust that the ship is not going to sink because He is present. Read here: Trust in the Lord
- Cry out to God. He has dominion and power over the entire universe. He will bring peace to your heart.
- Share with others the Gospel of the grace of Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today and will be forever.
Lord my God, thank you for teaching me to trust You. Nothing can be compared with Your strength and power. I’m sorry for sometimes allowing what I’m passing through to fill my heart with fear instead of putting my trust on You. I know you are always with me. Please, help me to believe in You. Help me Lord, to always cry for Your help when everything seems to be lost and when my heart is afflicted. Calm every storm that is right now troubling the boat of my life, Lord! Help me to perceive your serenity and trust that You are in control of all things. In the name of Jesus, amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 48 – Leviticus 14-15