God will provide!
Text: Genesis 22:7-8: “Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together.”
This is a well-known story in which God tested the patriarch’s faith by asking him to give him his beloved son. It was undoubtedly a test without equal, but hardly a test, because God did not want Isaac to die.
Abraham showed that he had faith in God by obeying him in everything. He knew that the Lord who had granted him the promised son is faithful and that, if necessary, he would resurrect him or provide the lamb for the sacrifice. And so it was: God provided!
That is why you can be sure that if you will walk with faith with God this year, He will also provide for all your needs.
As in this story, sometimes our faith is put to the test. Although we do not understand the circumstances, we need to trust the Lord because, through the struggles we face, we learn to depend more on him.
Having a job, a health treatment, material resources, what to wear, etc … all are essential needs. But we must first seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness (Matthew 6: 31-33). Put your faith totally in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because he will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory for his praise and glory.
By faith, God will provide:
- Trust in God. He is faithful and fulfills his Word.
- Pray and put your whole life under the care of the Lord.
- God will provide what you need. But remember that sometimes it may not be compatible with what you want him to do.
- Rest in God’s provision, but work and take advantage of the opportunities He brings your ways.
- Seek constant guidance in the Word of God. He provides the wisdom necessary for you to make the right decisions.
Read this: All Things are possible
- Lord God, I thank You very much because you take care of me. Even when there are difficulties, I know that you are in control of my life. Provide what I need, not what I want today.
- Please, Lord, help my family, the Church, my brothers in Christ and friends with their daily needs. Bless our country and supply the needs of our people.
- Lord. Give me the wisdom to manage well the resources you give me. Open doors, Father, and do your will in me. In the name of Jesus, amen.
You may like: The books of the Bible
One year Bible reading plan
Day 13 – Job 35-37