Overcoming difficulties and losses
Nevertheless, God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, and not only by his coming but also by the [a]consolation with which he was comforted in you when he told us of your earnest desire, your mourning, your zeal for me so that I rejoiced even more.
(2 Corinthians 7: 6-7)
Have you ever been through a phase where problems seemed to be raining everywhere? Does it seem like the waves and storms were trying to steal all the peace and joy you had? When you finally managed to breathe easy after one problem, another one arose. More news, more wear, and tear. Maybe you’re going through moments like this right now. Have faith: God has for you the comfort you need in Overcoming difficulties and losses.
Sometimes so many afflictions or adversities come to us that our hearts feel sad and downcast. The apostle Paul also went through moments of great suffering, persecutions, needs, anguishes. But he trusted in the care of God and the comfort that the Holy Spirit brings through the Word of Christ. Trust and seek the Lord!
God gives comfort to the downcast heart that seeks refuge in Him. Amid significant or small losses and disappointments, we can always count on His grace and compassion.
Read this: God does not forget you
God has comfort for you
- When you are passing through a bitter phase of disappointment, loss, and affliction, do not fear or be discouraged: God is with you!
- Trust God with all your heart and give him your problems.
- We are all subject to go through times of crisis and distress. The difference between the one who has Christ in his life is that he is never alone.
- Remember, this is only a problematic phase. Have faith that everything will pass, and you can praise God for victory at the end of all those struggles.
- If you feel tired, sad, or depressed, find the necessary encouragement and comfort in the Word of God. Read it with confidence and faith.
- God also sends us comfort from other people. Pay attention and receive God’s care and love.
Read here: God Strengthens us in adversity
Lord God, I have faced so many difficult situations! All these storms, one after another, is something difficult to bear. Help me by Your grace and goodness. Don’t let me look back. Help me to remain firm in Your presence. Comfort my heart and strengthen my faith in Your Word. Thank You for the family, siblings, and friends who are by my side, helping me to endure. I praise You and thank You for being faithful. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Read this: The Strenght You Need