The integral mission of the church
“The Integral Mission is the call of God to his People to promote the complete restoration of the relationships and conditions around the Life of the human being and the Creation in a way that allows the enjoyment of a Full Life during the present and of eternal life when the establishment of the Kingdom of God at the second coming of Christ is completed. “
The mission of the Church is the full expression of God’s love for the World. It is God who has taken the initiative and who wants to complete his initial plan that we all have Full Life from being in Communion with Him; Therefore, the Mission is not of the Church, it is of God through the Church.
The local Church is the agent of the Kingdom of God, who has been entrusted with a mission that must be completed in an integral and integral way. For this reason, the fulfillment of the Integral Mission is an act of obedience, it is not an alternative or an option, it is God’s restorative design for humanity.
The Mission is integral because God is in everything and is for everything and for everything. He wants to completely reconcile all things in Christ, nothing escapes from the sovereignty of God and therefore not from the actions of the Church in its reconciling work. Sin and its influence must stop governing all areas of Creation.
IMPLICATIONS OF THE INTEGRAL MISSION
The Integral Mission implies the transformation of all things through the powerful and transforming touch of the Gospel in the actions of the Spirit through the Church.
This complete transformation implies the submission of all things under the sovereignty of the Lord, everything must be subject in obedience to the Lord, every human area and the Creation must be reconciled to Christ (biological, psychological, economic, social, political, cultural, ethnic, spiritual, etc.)
Integrality by its side involves transforming all created things, natural or supernatural, spiritual, emotional or material. The Gospel must come complete to the complete Creation, nothing can exist that is outside the impact and goal that is the Integral Mission.
The Church is only the Church of God when it fulfills its integral mission if it does not stop living its identity, and as the verse says “By their fruits, you will know them …”
INDICATORS OF FULFILLMENT OF THE INTEGRAL MISSION
There is a concern to identify which are the characteristic factors of a Christian congregation that complies with the MI. Some of the indicators of the fulfillment of the mission are:
- Obedience to the Lord
- Organizations and functional structures
- Support systems for the tasks of the Church
- New laws
- Actions that promote compassion and justice, truth and abundant life
- Complete peace (Shalom)
- Harmony of relationships
- Fruits of the Spirit
- Strong and harmonic families
- Leadership based on service
- Ministries based on gifts
- Fervent Spirituality
- Poverty reduction
Read also: The 3 Pillars of a True Church
THE DYNAMICS OF THE MISSION
The Integral Mission begins with the integral transformation of the person, it is a personal mission first and then a community mission within the Body of Christ. But the personal mission is fulfilled in Community since we need the gifts of others.
The goal of the Integral Mission is not to “build” the Church but to establish the Kingdom of God in the Church, being this the agent of the IM; but without a living and strong Church, the mission becomes a “burden” difficult to assume. The Local Church must be invigorated in the Spirit and in the commitment of its members to get ahead with the task of commendation.
The Church Mission is more than promoting the balance between spiritual and material activities within the Church, it is a lifestyle that is fulfilled when:
- Proclaim the Gospel of Jesus
- Teach the Word and make disciples for Jesus
- Create spaces for communion and mutual edification
- Worship God
- Serves people in need: Christian service is the vehicle for Social Transformation
- Liberating from the oppressive power of the evil one and sin.
- Prophesy: Denounce sin and announce hope, if we do not raise the ethical standard of society, who will do it?
- Shepherds nourishing, caring, healing and watching over the full life of people, families, and communities
- Transforms the culture enriching it with the exchange between different cultures living the values of the Kingdom of God
- Transforms the Economy of the community, bringing opportunities, balancing powers and relationships, eradicating poverty and unjust economic relations.
“GENETIC” CHARACTERISTICS OF THE INTEGRAL MISSION
- The mission is based on the Holy Word of God, not on humanistic or social processes.
- It is a process led by the Holy Spirit.
- Its goal is to glorify God in everything and with everything.
- It is supported and sustained by the Lord at the pace and process that God wants.
- It has concrete implications for the body, mind, soul, and spirit of the human being.
- Enriches and transforms cultures in ways that promote full life for all.
- It implies the functioning of everyone within the Body, using and expressing its functions and gifts (Materials, spiritual, knowledge, Passions, etc.)
- It transforms the relations between God and Man, of Man with others, with nature and with himself, this being a reconciling process.
- All the disciples need to participate actively, there is no one leftover in the Mission.
- It implies working creating, respecting and using diversity.
- The time to fulfill it is until Jesus returns.
- It implies a sense of movement, it can not be stopped by the bureaucracy. Jesus came to establish his kingdom, not organizations with an end in themselves.
- It always implies change, you are never satisfied until you build the kingdom, the Character of Jesus and the New community.
Scripture passages that support it
- Colossians 1:20
- Luke 5: 19-26
- Facts 2
- Matthew 9: 35-38
- Isaiah 61
- Luke 7: 20-22
- Matthew 28: 16-20
- James 2: 14-26
- Romans 12: 1-2, 2
- 1 Corinthians 5: 18-20,
- Romans 15: 17-21
- James 1: 19-26
- Matthew 25: 31-46
- Nehemiah 1-7
- 1 Corinthians 12, 2
- 1 Corinthians 3: 4-18; 4: 1-5
- 2 Corinthians 5: 1-9
- 2 Corinthians 9: 6-14
- Ephesians 5:21 to 6: 9, 6: 10-20
- 1 Peter1: 9-10
- Colossians 3: 5-17
- 1 Timothy 6: 11-19
- Hebrews 13: 1-21
- I John 3: 9-24
- 3 John 1: 2-4
- Genesis 1
- John 10:10
- Matthew 4:17
- Matthew 5: 13-1
Read also: The salt and the light of the world
- PERSONAL DIMENSION: Lifestyle, servants no matter what type of work you do, use of gifts, participation in ministries or life projects with knowledge, time, resources, etc.
- FAMILY DIMENSION: Life with a cause, impact on the neighborhood, parenting patterns, discipline, teaching values, enriched relationships, cultivation of gifts, etc.
- SOCIAL DIMENSION: Sensitivity to expressions of the kingdom of darkness and promotion of ways that promote Full Life.
A community of worshipers with social participation, voice, and facts to solve social problems such as pollution, drug abuse, violence, abortion, legislation, health risks, discrimination, corruption, intercession, service to those in need.
They promote a sense of community, preach the Gospel, transform the character into one like Christ through community study of the Word, invest resources for causes that promote Full Life, creating organizations, ministries or programs to prevent, cure and rehabilitate.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It is important :
- Because it is complete for the needs of Man and of Creation.
- Because it fulfills the expectations of the Hope that the World has.
- Because it accelerates the redemption process of Creation.
- Because it does not leave uncovered spaces to take out the kingdom of Darkness
- Because it is more consistent according to the Character of God
- Because it is an act of Justice for the World
- Because it is the truth and therefore brings freedom
- Because it is an act of obedience to God
- Because it promotes the growth of the Church integrally
- Because the gifts and talents are put to serve.
- Because it is the best way to mobilize the Body of Christ.
- Because it is the way to invigorate the local congregation.
- Because it brings glory to the Father.
- Because it represents every characteristic of the Name of God.
- It is the best way to enjoy Full Life while we await Eternal Life
Copied from: COMUNIDAD CRISTIANA SHALOM