Walk like a child of God
Text: John 1: 12-13: Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Being a child of God is the greatest of all the gifts we can receive as human beings. It’s the experience that gave us the right to walk like a child of God and no more as a slave. No other created being has that privilege. When we believe in Jesus and accept Him as Savior by faith, we stop being mere creatures and become adopted as children by the heavenly Father. That adoption through the great love of God through his only begotten Son is something fantastic.
He who is born of God can walk in his presence, trusting and being more like Jesus, our Lord, and our God. If we focus our attention on the Son of God, we will find in him our pattern and the best example to please the Father in everything. Along the way, by faith, and with the improvement that comes from God, we are acquiring aspects of the character of Christ to be more like him as genuine and beloved children of the Father.
Go and live as His child :
- If you have not yet received Jesus as Lord in your heart, this is the first step to becoming a child of God.
- Repent of your sins and believe in Jesus to be accepted into the great family of God.
- Jesus is the best reference to learn to be a better child of God. Learn more about him through the study of the Bible.
- Seek to approach God daily. Show in practice your love and dedication to him.
- Join together with other brethren in Christ in a healthy Christian family to love, serve, and be built in the faith.
Lord God, thank you very much for loving me and accepting me as a child in your big family. By your grace in Jesus, I can receive forgiveness and salvation to be forever with you. Help me so that throughout my life, I can walk like your Son Jesus who honored you and loved you to the end. Today, I receive grace and power to constantly walk as a child of God in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Read this: Blessing through faith.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 38 – Exodus 25-27