Where is your foundation laid?
Text: Matthew 7: 24-25: Therefore, everyone who hears these words from me and puts them into practice is like a prudent man who built his house on the rock. The rains fell, the rivers grew, and the winds blew and whipped that house; However, the house did not collapse because it was founded on the rock.
What is the foundation on which you base your life? Many people “lose the north” when something unexpected happens in their lives. Losing a job, the end of a relationship, illness, or a sudden change can tell us a lot about who or what sustains our lives. Sometimes it is a person, a financial resource, or yourself.
If we compare our lives with the construction of the two foundations in the illustration that Jesus narrated, we will be able to assess whether we have our foundation based on prudence or foolishness. For you to have a stable and safe construction, you need to have a resistant and robust foundation. When we place someone or circumstances, who are vulnerable, as the support of our lives, we can be sure that we will suffer the collapse.
Have a solid foundation: hear and practice the Word of God:
- Pray and meditate if, according to the story Jesus told, you have been prudent or irresponsible.
- Make the Lord your strength. No matter how many storms come, it is good to have the eternal and indestructible God.
- The Word of God is an immovable rock. Make your food and your daily sustenance. Listen to it, read it, study it, and practice it.
- Do not despair if you are going through difficulties. Seek God and His Word to be the sustenance of your life.
- In times of uncertainty, trust, and depend more on the Word of the Lord than on the words of men.
- Trust Jesus’ love for you. He is always present, in good times and bad times.
Anchor word: Where is your foundation laid?
Lord, teach me to be sensible, to listen and practice what you show in your Word. Please help me to have you as the rock of my life to always feel safe even in tribulations. May I keep love, faith, and hope in you in all circumstances throughout my life. Amen.
One year bible reading plan: Day 76 – Deuteronomy 17-20