Your days of sadness will soon end
Text: Isaiah 60:20: Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
How are you today? Happy or sad? We all go through distressing situations at some point. Unfortunately, it is part of life to go through sufferings, pains, and difficulties, but we can face all that by having the certainty that the Lord is at our side, and with Him on your boat, Your days of sadness will soon end. That is why you need to trust and believe Him to sustains and strengthens you every day.
Today’s verse reminds us of the new reality that we will live with God. When that happens, the sadness over your work or the lack of it will be totally forgotten. Nor will you remember the suffering over the difficulties in your family, illnesses, or the loss of a loved one anymore. In our new home, we will not have to fear treacherous nights … We will not need electric light or stars or stars, for God himself will shine his light continuously upon us (Revelation 21:23). There will be no more crying or suffering or affliction. Trust in the Lord He will put an end to your sadness!
No more sadness or suffering
- Don’t allow what you are passing through to overflow your joy. Live with the joy of Christ daily despite the circumstances.
- Pray and thank God for future hope. Nothing compares to what the Lord has prepared for those who love him.
- Read the Bible daily and fill your mind with thoughts that come from above (Colossians 3: 2).
- Share with someone more mature in the faith about the reason for your sadness. Ask that person to pray for you.
- Believe: Your days of sadness will soon end.
Lord God, I thank you for your joy that fills our hearts despite the difficulties I face in this life. Thank you for the certainty you give us that one day all suffering will end. Help me to trust your Word and think about your promises of peace and eternal joy. May I live in your light, surrounded by your grace. In the name of Jesus, amen.
One year Bible reading plan: Day 38 – Exodus 25-27
Read also: Rejoice when you are persecuted